Chin

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Johns961 — Tampa Florida United States of America
Vitacost.com
130 Lexington Parkway Lexington, North Carolina United States of America

Vitacost.com Fradulent charges to my bill me later account. Lexington, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Have had no problems with Vitacost

*Author of original report: Follow up

*Author of original report: Billing issues resolved by Vitacost

I placed a order for Vitacost on10/24/12. I received it a week later. No problem. I used my Bill me later account. On 10/29/12 they charge my account account for $8.26. And they charged my account again on 10/31/12 for $44.73. I made no such orders and received no product. They did not respond to my email for help. So I called them. They were less than helpful. They had no record of the disputed charges. I am currently disputing the charges through bill me later. I have used vitacost for years and never had a problem. I am sorry they spoiled this business relationship with me. I am now warning my friends and family to cease doing business with vitacost. John

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 05:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitacostcom/Lexington-North-Carolina-27295/Vitacostcom-Fradulent-charges-to-my-bill-me-later-account-Lexington-North-Carolina-969500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitacost.com

Have had no problems with Vitacost

AUTHOR: bjg - (United States of America)

My experience with Vitacost has been very positive.  Once, I placed my order on Wednesday and opted for standard shipping.  My products showed up on my door two days later.

I decided to buy what I thought was a natural fragrance that sounded great, so I thought I'd give it a try.  When I received the shipment, the oil I got stunk.  I believe the description came from the manufacturer, so it isn't Vitacost's fault that the product I received was so vile.  (For anyone who cares, it was the Sunshine Spa Tangerine Perfume Oil.  It's really horrible.)

I immediately got online and contacted them via live chat.  A representative (thank you, Erin C.) got on line almost immediately.  She asked for the order number, then was back with five minutes--I kid you not--and told me they would credit me for the product this one time only and just to keep it.  I'm not sure how I will be reimbursed, but if their service is anything like I've experienced over the past three years, there shouldn't be a problem.

Honestly, I don't work for the company, but I have to say that every order I've received has been exactly as ordered, often showing up much sooner than I expect.  My experience with them has been nothing but positive.

I'm so sorry about the problems you had, Lexington, KY, and hope they get resolved.

AUTHOR: Johns961 - (United States of America)

Vita cost called back today to check on my issue and to make sure I received the credit on my account.
I appreciate that and will continue to use them to purchase my vitamins. Any company can have a computer problem. Vita cost just needs something in place to handle complex bill inquiries. Thank you Vitacost. John.

Billing issues resolved by Vitacost

AUTHOR: Johns961 - (United States of America)

On the morning of 11/16/12 a Representative from Vitacost contacted me. He understood there was a problem. But they did not know if the error happened there or at Bill Me Later. He said he would investigate my billing problem and update me at the end of the day. Around 17:00 my time he called and said they identified where the problem was and have issued me a credit for the disputed amounts.

As we suspected it was a computer error.  I know these things can happen and will use their services again. It would be helpful if the first level customer support could be trained to handle more complex billing problems so we would not have to escalated to third parties. Thank you Vitacost for resolving this for me. John.