Complaint Review: WILLIS SHAW EXPRESS

• Submitted: Sat, March 07, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 07, 2009

• Reported By:ELM SPRINGS Arkansas
WILLIS SHAW EXPRESS
201 NORTH ELM STREET ELM SPRINGS, Arkansas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-643-3540
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

WILLIS SHAW EXPRESS MAKE ME SIT BECAUSE I TURNED DOWN RUN DUE TO HIGH % OF UNPAID MILES ELM SPRINGS Arkansas

First of all, let me tell you I am an owner operator. I have not turned down many loads for WSE, so if i do, it is for good reason. I dont like to sit at truck stops wasting my time. If I am not moving, I am not making money.

I have just gotten a new dispatcher and do not feel he is responding to my messages as I expect to be done.

I have made several comments to upper management about recient changes including dropping o/o layover pay to $25.00 per day from $75.00. Company drivers dropped from $30.00 to $25.00 also. If you are empty for 24 hours and they deadhead you less than 40 miles, you might get it.

The company is on drivers to cut out of route miles (miles not billed for) to reduce costs. I, as an owner operator have to do the same. When they send a preplan to me, I put it into my computer to find the difference between pay miles and actual driving miles.

I was given a preplan and checked, the load had 15% unpaid miles. I expect to give 5%, but 15% is too much. That fuel cost comes out of my pocket, so I turned down the run with that explantion and asked for another p/p. After several hours, I asked again. The response was, we have nothing else. I had to sit for the night. The load was given to another driver.

The following day, I recieved a preplan for the same run as previous, but did not pick up for 3 days, and was less than 400 miles.

I went to truck stop for shower, and talked to a company driver who had just picked up a load that was sent to him late the previous day, after I was told there was nothing else available.

Now I have sat 2 days and will for 1 more befor getting load for less than 400 miles, because I have complained about somethings.

Not happy
ELM SPRINGS, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2009 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WILLIS-SHAW-EXPRESS/ELM-SPRINGS-Arkansas-72728/WILLIS-SHAW-EXPRESS-MAKE-ME-SIT-BECAUSE-I-TURNED-DOWN-RUN-DUE-TO-HIGH-OF-UNPAID-MILES-EL-431748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WILLIS SHAW EXPRESS