Complaint Review: Warranty USA

• Submitted: Fri, November 15, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, May 29, 2003

• Reported By:Austin TX
Warranty USA
1408 4th Avenue, Suite 400 Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Warranty USA, Healthcare Plus, consumer fraud ripoff fraud business victimized many consumers Seattle, Las Vegas, Washington, Nevada

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: John Common/Larry Choy/Healthcare Plus

*Consumer Comment: Mr. Commons is using Warranty USA records to continue the fraud.

Entered into an agreement with Warranty USA for vehicle warranty. On my first claim, they approved for the Mercedes dealer is when my troubles began. They told the Mercedes dealer that they had sent me the check. Then when I called they said that the check was on the way. I called probably 100 times, sometimes holding for 45 minutes or more.

But that is what you had to do to get them. Finally one day I was told matter of factly, "We have filed bankruptcy". I really got screwed because I paid the full $1835. Never could get them again. Then one day I had a check to bounce. There was no reason for that to happen since it was in an account that I only used for special transactions. I found that a company call Healthcare Plus had ACH'ed my account for $79.50. Never heard of these people. Never did business with these people. Wondered how they got my account information.

Guess what (Warranty USA) gave it to them. My bank worked with me and retrieved the $79.50 back, and reversed the NSF fees. Then these people debited my account again. While promising me a check was on the way for their error. Never happened. Thanks to my bank I did not lose on this one, but I was forced to close this account in order to stop the ACH's. I am certain thousands of other people weren't so lucky on this. I am still out of $1835 plus the money that I still owe the Mercedes dealer. There has to be a law against this. These people had to have fraudulent intentions initially.

Rose
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2002 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warranty-USA/Seattle-Washington-98101/Warranty-USA-Healthcare-Plus-consumer-fraud-ripoff-fraud-business-victimized-many-consum-35285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warranty USA

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

John Common/Larry Choy/Healthcare Plus

AUTHOR: Brock - (U.S.A.)

Bill,
I resigned my position with Chinook Holdings dba HealthCare Plus, in early December, 2002.

I appreciated the information you gave me during our phone conversations last year. That information "inspired" me to do some research.

As a former employee, I would now appreciate it if you would no longer associate me with that company. I made a mistake when I accepted the position and I fixed my mistake.

FYI Eric resigned about 4 weeks later.

Mr. Commons is using Warranty USA records to continue the fraud.

AUTHOR: BIll - (U.S.A.)

I, too, went through this exact scenario. I have determined that Mr. John Commons folded Warranty USA, Cambridge Group, and others and moved south. A new fraud listed here as Healthcare Plus is his. It is in the name of Mr. Larry Choy of Henderson Nevada. There is a Mr. Eric Lara involved in both scams. Mr. Brock Musgrave also seems to be involved.