stick

Complaint Review: Waterhouse Financial Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2007

• Reported By:Guyton Georgia
Waterhouse Financial Inc.
101 King St. Morristown, Ontario Canada

Waterhouse Financial Inc. Received check for $4,880.00 found to be a scam Morristown Ontario Canada

*Consumer Comment: Scam

I received a letter in the mail from Waterhouse Financial Inc. that basically stated I was one of 20 declared winners of a 5 million dollar drawing. With the letter was a check for the amount of $4,880.00.

The check looked verfy real with watermarks and everything. The letter said before I deposit the check, I must contact Lora Jones at 1-647-834-4641.

I made the phone call and "Lora Jones" told me to go and deposit the check in the bank and call her when I was done. I made the deposit and called her back and she told me to call her back in an hour.

I came home and got on my computer to check if this was some type of scam. My internet search brought me to this site and I read some of the reports, so I never called "Lora Jones" back thanks to this internet site. Thank you very much.

I did not send her any money and I guess the check for $4,880.00 will bounce.

Ron
Guyton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2007 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Waterhouse-Financial-Inc/Morristown-Ontario-N0B2C3/Waterhouse-Financial-Inc-Received-check-for-488000-found-to-be-a-scam-Morristown-Ontar-285083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Waterhouse Financial Inc.

Scam

AUTHOR: Christiana - (U.S.A.)

Yes, this is a scam, and yes, the check will bounce, however, its not just as simple as that. You are now responsible for that $4,880.00!! People who have these scam checks bounce are the ones out thousands of dollars, not the sender of the check. I'd be at the bank as soon as the doors open tomorrow if I were you.