Complaint Review: Wayne County Friend Of Court

• Submitted: Sun, March 12, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, March 09, 2008

• Reported By:flushing Michigan
Wayne County Friend Of Court
645 Griswold St Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

Wayne County Friend Of Court ripoff Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: What in the hell job did you have to make it $400 a week for two kids?

Well one of my kids 19 yrs other 18 in 5 months I havent seen them in 8 yrs. I lost my job 9/11 lost my house, car, everything. I'm remarried, with 6 yr old son trying to make ends meet with a low paying job. I now live in a 1200.00 trailer, because after two bankrupties, court order of 400.00 a week to friend of court. I only gross 400.00 a week.

Well I got lawyer 2004, payed 800.00 to get it reduced so I can feed my son and wife. Febuary of 2005 it got filed. Well I called on my cell phone, can't get a real phone credit is so bad. One hour later I got a lady that said the show cause didnt get filed till aug of 2005. Called lawyer he said the court lost all my papers he refiled in aug 2005. Lady at court 9 to 10 months to get any thing done it's been two years now. I owe 20,000 more.

I was out of work for 3 months, shoulder injury. It's still growing. Now I filed for welfare, so I can feed my family. Lawyer said court a little slow. Well I can't make ends meet any more the court lost the paper work because of their screw up. My 6yr old son is suffering. My wife now is about to leave me, and I payed these 13.000 cash four months ago plus 1,500 income tax. They get even that; I pay on arrerage.

Chuck
flushing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2006 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-Court/Detroit-Michigan-48226/Wayne-County-Friend-Of-Court-ripoff-Detroit-Michigan-180698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wayne County Friend Of Court

What in the hell job did you have to make it $400 a week for two kids?

AUTHOR: Eagle - (U.S.A.)

What in the hell job did you have that they would've set your child support at $400 a week for 2 kids? They are suppose to calculate the amount based on BOTH parents earnings.

That is pretty sad that your wife is about to leave you for this. What happended to for better or worse? If you can't pay support now, does she honestly think she is going to get anything for her son? Is she working to help bring in money? Why haven't you seen your kids in 8 years? The way I see it, the only justified reason the cusodial parent has to deny parenting time is if the othe parent has/is history of ANY abuse(sexual,physical,verbal, emotional) or threat of not returning the child/children. Any other, SHAME ON THAT PARENT!

Continue to raise hell with the courts and if nothing else, get your child support lowered based on your earning now. Fight til you get a court hearing to lower it.

Good luck