Complaint Review: WildBlue

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: RonA — Martinsville Ohio United States of America
WildBlue
983 McKibben Road Internet, Ohio United States of America

WildBlue Exede Awful service - Incorrect usage - verbal promises ignored Internet, Ohio

Although I had bad experience with WildBlue years ago, I decided to give another try with the new Exede service because I was told there was free installation and a 30 day grace period where I could cancel the service.

The service was awful.  My usage meter skyrocketed even when I wasn't using the internet - I've been told they have a problem where they stack up usage on bad days when the modem can't get a good connection to the satellite.  Support was useless.  Speeds were pitiful.  I could not VPN into work.  Their DNS servers were screwed up.  Their FAP is convoluted and biased against the consumer.

On day 26 I had enough and called to cancel.  At that point they told me the 30 day grace period was ONLY for people converting directly from WildBlue, and I would have to pay $400 in cancellation fees.

I would rather pay the money than continue to deal with these thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WildBlue/Internet-Ohio-45146/WildBlue-Exede-Awful-service-Incorrect-usage-verbal-promises-ignored-Internet-Ohio-1011477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WildBlue