Complaint Review: Ally Bank

• Updated: Sat, April 19, 2014

• Reported By: Angry Consumer — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Ally Bank
200 Renaissance Center Detroit, Michigan USA

Ally Bank Worst bank I've ever dealt with. Blocked my account and ripped off my money! Detroit Michigan

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ally Should do Better as a Taxpayer-Owned Company

*Consumer Comment: I believe you!

I opened an account with Ally Bank on October 15, 2013, and had NOTHING but problems with them since.

First, when I tried to make a transfer of money to a non-Ally account on October 18, the transfer failed though the money was taken from my Ally Money market account. When I contacted Customer Service, I was told the money would be credited back to my Ally Money Market account on Monday, October 21. It is now the evening of October 22 and I still haven't received the money back into my account.

Second, I received my debit card from Ally October 22, yet was unable to activate it. I received a message that the information I entered didn't match that on my account - though I entered the EXACT same information!

When I tried to access my account online October 22, it was blocked. I called Ally Bank to report the problem, gave them the SAME information I had many times before, yet they claimed to not be able to locate my accounts! As a result, I've been ripped off of 186.29 that I can't access at all. I am disabled and on a fixed income.

I would like to see these issues resolved in a timely and peaceful manner; however, I am not the first customer to experience problems with this bank, and plan to take my business elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ally-Bank/Detroit-Michigan-48243/Ally-Bank-Worst-bank-Ive-ever-dealt-with-Blocked-my-account-and-ripped-off-my-money-De-1093832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ally Bank

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ally Should do Better as a Taxpayer-Owned Company

AUTHOR: Pro Se Advocate - ()

I used to work for Ally Financial and they also tried to foreclose on my home. If you want to join  in protesting them and defending our rights as a group in addition to that great facebook page mentioned above, sign my petition on change.org to Make Taxpayer-Owned Ally Financial Accountable for its violations of the U.S. Constitution. Please join this campaign: chn.ge/1iz3BwV. They are too big for anyone to make a difference alone.

I believe you!

AUTHOR: stormy22 - ()

I suggest filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.   http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

I made a facebook page to reacht other unhappy ally customers: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ally-Autos-Unhappy-Customers/367933486670751

u can sen me a private message, i have a lot of U.S. contact numbers. Customer care call center is outsourced to the philippines and they are NO help.

I have a simalar story. very long... Look up all the complaints for Ally Auto- Ally Financial (GMAC) there are thousands.