Complaint Review: American Dream Home Improvement

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: CBronson — Aurora Colorado
American Dream Home Improvement
3040 Finley Rd #200 Downers Grove,, Illinois USA

American Dream Home Improvement ADHI ADHI4U Don't use American Dream Home Improvement Downers Grove, Illinois

STAY AWAY!! This company uses fast talking low life people to sell their product. They say that their product has a lifetime warranty on the roof as well as their workmanship. Neither are true! They will try to make you sign your claim away don't listen to them! They came in to my house with muddy shoes and ruined my carpet, they had me sign their paper saying that they would be there to represent me when my claims adjuster was there under false pretenses. I was told that 1 in 10 people who went to their insurance co  by them selves got their roof bought and that with them 8 in 10 got a new roof. This is also false. ADHI was never there to help me with my insurance and I got a new roof the same is true for both of my neighbors. ADHI also says that their warranty is one time transferable, and it isn't. If you call Owens Corning who they say backs their warranty they will tell you that the warranty is not transferable. Against my better judgement I went with ADHI, and since then my roof has leaked twice and have tried to bill me for more than what my insurance is paying, even though their agreement says that my only out of pocket expense is my deductible. They also "pride" themselves one being an all W-2 company, which I also dug into. They say that their crews are all employiees and that they all have workmans comp. All of their crews are sub contracted which means they are all 1099 and none of them have workman's comp and if they get hurt on your properity your on the hook for their med bills. Plus all their crews are border hopping illegals that don't speak english at all. The crews pissed all over my rose and raspberry bushes making them so we couldn't eat them or use the roses. They left nails everywhere so I got two flat tires, when I called and asked to have them paid for I was told that it wasn't their problem. All in all these guys lie and have their salesmen lie to steal your claim and scam the insurance. Use ANYONE else but ADHI!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Dream-Home-Improvement/Downers-Grove-Illinois-60515/American-Dream-Home-Improvement-ADHI-ADHI4U-Dont-use-American-Dream-Home-Improvement-Dow-1095226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Dream Home Improvement