Complaint Review: Amerigas

• Updated: Thu, November 14, 2013

• Reported By: Brian McCaffrey — Titusville New Jersey
Amerigas
80 N Main St Windsor, New Jersey USA

Amerigas Amerigas tried to sell me a 27 year old propane tank as new Windsor New Jersey

I bought my house in 2012. There was a propane tank leased from a small company when I bought it. Then Amerigas bought the company and immediately rased the price of propane by 1/gal.  I bargained them back down to 3/gal which was too much, but it was the middle of winter and not much I could do. I called around and found another local company that would fill my tank for 2.30 if I owned it. So i called Amerigas to buy the tank.  I spoke to Gary on the phone, and he asked his manager Dave. I heard Gary give Dave my address, and Dave's exact words were, thats a brand new tank, we gotta get at least 1950 for it.  I said ok, that sounds fair, send me the paperwork.

When I recieve the purchase agreement, it stated that the tank was manufactured in 1986! I told them that the price was no longer acceptable. They were not willing to negotiate, so I had the tank removed from the property and had the other company install a brand new tank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2013 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amerigas/Windsor-New-Jersey-08561/Amerigas-Amerigas-tried-to-sell-me-a-27-year-old-propane-tank-as-new-Windsor-New-Jersey-1099251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amerigas