Complaint Review: burger king

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 11, 2012

• Reported By: TatianaC — Westlake Louisiana United States of America
burger king
529 North Cities Service Highway Sulphur, LA 70663 sulphur, Louisiana United States of America

burger king hired me and i only worked for a day, They never trained me and the manager told me she was going to call me and she never did, she is so irresponsible and they don't want to pay me for the day i work sulphur, Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: TatianaC,

*General Comment: Probably Tax Fraud Victim

the manager from burger king hired me and let me worked for a day, she kept complaining about the way i worked but how was i supposed to do things right if she didn't even trained me? i think i'm being discriminated because i'm Hispanic and she said she was going to called me to work on the weekend but she never did so i'm guessing i'm not working there anymore but she  doesn't want to pay me for the six  hours i worked. I don't think it's fair how she didn't even called me back after i called her so many times ... or at least she could of have called me, saying she didn't need my service and for me to quit my job or something so i could of have stop wasting my time and look for another job. I Hope that y'all can help me because i honestly don't know where else to go with this problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/burger-king/sulphur-Louisiana-70663/burger-king-hired-me-and-i-only-worked-for-a-day-They-never-trained-me-and-the-manager-t-980522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on burger king

TatianaC,

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

Tina Bentley is absolutely correct. You could be part of the "target group" that employers like Burger King are looking for in order to get the 'Work Opportunity Tax Credit', also known as the WOTC.

Anyone can 'Google' this- EMPLOYERS- WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT (WOTC), and read more about it at the related websites.

It's just another example of how the publicly held corporations in this country are taking advantage of honest Americans and the unfair tax system in the USA in order to generate profits, in my opinion.

Make sure to send a copy of your Ripoff Report to your Attorney General along with your contact information. You can 'Google' this- LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL, and all of the information is available on the web.

Happy Holidays!

***NATIONWIDE BURGER ALERT: Make sure to type in 907888 at this site and read Ripoff Report #907888 for important information and spread it all over the web at sites like Twitter and Facebook.

#2 General Comment

Probably Tax Fraud Victim

AUTHOR: TIna Bentley - (USA)

If they had you do a WOTC tax credit form during the application process they probably used your personal information to apply for a $9600. tax credit for "hiring" you. Then they ignore you to bide time to collect the tax credit.  I had this happen to me recently.  Went thru the complete application process, to include a Saturday interview, was supposedly hired but then told that they have no work until January and to call them back then.  I'd contact the Federal Trade Commission to ask them to investigate whether or not they are trying to get the tax credit.  FTC number (877) 382-4357.

Employers are trying to make money using applicants personal info.  Why should they even apply for the credit if they really intend to hire you.  Your yearly pay would completely negate any tax savings.  Get a $9600. tax credit but your pay comes to $12,000.-no money made or saved.