unconscious

• Updated: Tue, July 31, 2007

• Reported By:Peterborough Ontario
Columbia House DVD Club
5900 Finch Ave. East Scarborough, Ontario Canada

Columbia House DVD Club Failed to Deliver DVD Selections Ordered, Instead Sent Ones THEY Selected ripoff Scarborough Ontario

I sent in an order in April of 2007 for specific DVD's I had selected and received a completely different order. I sent them a note telling them to cancel my membership as they did not hold their end of the bargain. Instead, they sent me a "Due-On-Contract" bill stating I had to pay for all the ones I was obligated to and I now have a bill of $130.08 including an NSF charge after cashing my cheque, which they shouldn't have done.

I just received a "Final Notice" stating they would be sending this to collection if they did not receive payment. At the bottom of the statement it says they will send some free vouchers after I pay the above charge, it does not say how many or where I may select them from.

Bottom line is they did not hold up their end of the contract, so I cancelled, or tried to, but they don't let you. I'll never deal with them again and if all that comes out of this is that others can read about it, then, that's fine too.

I'll keep you posted.

Jeffrye
Peterborough, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2007 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-DVD-Club/Scarborough-Ontario-M1B-5X7/Columbia-House-DVD-Club-Failed-to-Deliver-DVD-Selections-Ordered-Instead-Sent-Ones-THEY-S-264365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House DVD Club