Complaint Review: cricket

• Reported By: jackie — mesa Arizona
cricket
450 S Sossaman Rd mesa, Arizona USA

cricket No refund mesa Arizona

I purchased a $100 Cricket modem on 3/30/13 to help me through a tough period. Spent $177 or so on it, including a month's worth of Internet service, which was 65 MB or gigs. Forget which. Anyway, brought the modem back on 4/30/13 after finding the service sluggish. The folks there were friendly, but refused to give me a refund because they told me March has 31 days, and by returning it on 4/30, I exceeded their 30-day policy.

The manager came out to tell me that they go by days and not by month. The clerk proceeded to tell me how to save more money on Cricket services by signing up for low-income programs and to allow direct pay through my checking account. I could not believe that this group was so quick to deny my refund, but so happy to tell me how I could save by having Cricket dig their pocket deeper into my life and privacy. It was pretty uncomfortable because they pushed and pushed me to keep my Internet service with them, saying that a technician could speed the service up if I would just request customer service. Ya, right.

IMHO, this company is just all about taking money from consumers. I nowhere near reached my limit on the Internet service bandwidth, but they sure were quick to deny my refund. If they were so interested in helping me financially, they would have  given me the refund instead of being so condescening about qualifying for subsidized programs and hyping how great their customer service is. They're just interested in raking in the dough and don't care about their customers.

I remember when a month was a month, regardless of the calendar. Oops! forgot computers don't. And what happens when house payments or apartment rental payments are due? Is it by month or by 30 days? Think it's by month. Also, I have a Cricket phone and the billing period goes by date, not by days.

Anyway, I'm over it, but don't have anything good to say about my Cricket experience there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2013 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cricket/mesa-Arizona-85208/cricket-No-refund-mesa-Arizona-1047518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cricket