- Report: #967565
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: cyberpower Inc
cyberpower Inc5175 Commerce Dr, Baldwin Park, California Baldwin Park, California United States of America
cyberpower Inc cyberpowerpc Horrible Customer Service & Tech Support 5175 Commerce Dr, Baldwin Park, California
*Author of original report: All resolved
Paid $2300.00 for a high end gaming PC and it arrived not being able to use wifi, missing parts and improperly configured although they advertise 'quality controlled' and 'configured carefully'. Made no effort to offer fair compensation.
- PC arrived and would not connect to internet via wifi. Spent an hour on phone with tech support who didn't seem knowlegable of my motherboard or BIOS. After tech could not resolve the problem, he insisted it was a faulty motherboard and for me to return my PC from Halifax, NS back to Ca, USA. I refused in that shipping a PC another 6000km twice could be more harmful than having to use the NIC or going out and buying a $10.00 USB wifi. Nor did I believe it was a faulty motherboard.
I later plugged the internet cable into the PC Network card and Windows automatically downloaded the wifi driver which resolved the wifi.
- I had received an email saying they were testing the overclocking and since I had paid the additional $50.00 to overclock my CPU by 30%(or more) I asked what they had overclocked it to but they couldn't tell me and told me to download software once I received the PC to determine the overclock. I said you offer 3 overclocking options (10, 20 or 30% ((or more)) how can you support you overclocked 30% if you can`t tell me the final overclock result?
- Found PC was missing the Red LED light strips which I had ordered to go along with the red ultraviolet coolant and clear tubing for my liquid cooling system. The dead giveaway here is why would anyone buy red ultraviolet coolant and clear tubing ...if there`s no lights to see them.
- Went to plug in my harddrive from previous PC to retrieve data but that wouldn`t work. Looked into my PC case to find they had not connected the (SATA) cables nor power to the 2 front hot swap drive bays that came specifically with my case type. I had spedifically changed my Case type to a different case type that had this functionality. Tech support replied they only do that if I had purchased another storage device from them. Nowhere do they indicate this nor did they provide the additional 2 SATA cables required for me to do this myself which I believe originally comes from the Case manufacturer.
- As I was investigating the above problem I discovered the SSd SATA cables incorrectly plugged into my motherboard. Again, my specific motherboard has 6 SATA controllers, 2 of which are 6Gb/s and 4 which are 3Gb/s. They plugged the sole ultra fast SSD into the slowest 3Gb/s controller reducing it's performance by 50%. Again, contacted tech support but they never admitted it was setup wrong but replied "you are correct, the drive would run more faster off the SATA 6.0g/bs"
So, my PC didn't arrive in working condition. - NOT quality controlled
PC arrived missing parts - NOT quality controlled and NOT configured carefully
PC arrived incorrectly configured - NOT configured carefully
The PC components are quality components from other manufacturers. (Intel, MSi, Nvidia, Cooler Master) All they had to do was put it together. It's apparent, the techs had no knowledge of my specific system specifications to not have configured it correctly and randomly plugged in cables.
After all my efforts in troubleshooting, verifying their workmanship, emails, telephone calls and for me having to do add the missing part, change things not configured and the trouble they have caused me the only form of customer satisfaction was to offer me 1 free game or that I could return the PC for refund. I don't believe either option satisfactory for the problems which was caused by them.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2012 07:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cyberpower-Inc/Baldwin-Park-California-91706/cyberpower-Inc-cyberpowerpc-Horrible-Customer-Service-Tech-Support-5175-Commerce-Dr-Bal-967565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.