Complaint Review: Dish Network

• Updated: Fri, January 17, 2014

• Reported By: Steve L — Conroe Texas
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian Blvd. Englewood, Colorado USA

Dish Network Charging me for receiver that I own after cancellation of services after contract. Englewood Colorado

*Author of original report: Thank you

*Consumer Comment: This sounds like Dish one Satellite

*UPDATE Employee: Your Post

*Author of original report: Response to mike.

*Author of original report: TL;DR

*General Comment: Why is it??

*Author of original report: Can you read?

*Consumer Suggestion: First of all, you have NOT read your contract with Dish...

I want to bring to the attention of everyone reading this that Dish Network is a scam. I joined dish in 2008 and was told after my contract was up I would no longer be obligated to dish in any way. I stayed on for 4 years after my contract was up and never once did I sign any paper contract or renew my services. That was fine until recently I got tired of poor programming and constant price increases so I decided to cancel. I was told I had to pay $17 to send my HDTV receiver that I own back to dish. I asked many times to see or have emailed a contract through their customer service team sent to me showing me where I was obligated to send back any equipment. They told me the equipment was rented and that I was obligated for life to send back the equipment. They are now trying to charge me hundreds of dollars for equipment that I own. If possible do not do business with Dish Network!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2014 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dish-Network-Charging-me-for-receiver-that-I-own-after-cancellation-of-services-after-con-1116320. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dish Network

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

This sounds like Dish one Satellite

AUTHOR: mom - ()

This sounds like Dish  one satellite   . They resale Dish Network Services and try to act like they are infact DISHNETWORK. They are not. If you call DISH NETWORK 3037231000. They will be more than happy to give you real customer service and records you can use in court.

Here is dish one satellite information

2601 North Canyon Road

Provo Utah 84604

8017059934

dishoneonline.com

You could for about 30 dollars file a claim in small claims court. They can not use attorneys and if they dont show you get the judgement in your favor. You can also report them to the Federal Trade Commision and your local state, county , city consumer agencies.

Your Post

AUTHOR: MikeL DISH - ()

Steve L and Tyg,

I understand your concern you've both posted and would be happy to help you!  Please understand that not everyone uses our method of shipping to return our equipment to us so we don't feel that it's fair to increase everyone's monthly rate to cover the cost of shipping.  You are by no means required to use our boxes and labels but we provide them to you as an available option if you do choose to use them.  Not only that, but we provide them to you at a less expensive rate than what other carriers offer.  I hope this helps and am happy to help you with anything else you need assistance with!

Response to mike.

AUTHOR: steve l - ()

Please leave your number where I can contact you at Dish and verify that you work for them before I give you my account number and pin that you requested in your email to me.  Thanks and I would like to resolve this but your reply made no sense.  My complaint has nothing to do with a shipping label but Dish requesting back equipment I have paid for.

TL;DR

AUTHOR: Steve L - ()

Thanks for the word fort but too long didn't read.  Anyone who has that much time and energy to put into a strangers post is a slave to something unnatural so go back to your handlers and see who they want you to troll next.

#6 General Comment

Why is it??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Why is it that when ANYONE posts a rebuttal against dipshits like you, you ALWAYS ASSUME that they work for the company YOU are complaining about?? Obviously YOU are new to this website. Had you done even a little poking around you would have seen Kens postings going back for quite awhile. Ken is telling you the truth, its the same for ANY cable/dish company. They want their equiptment back so you can not tamper with or modify in order to attempt to get free services.

That is VERY rude of you to post as you have to Ken, YOU have called him a slave and demeaned this person as an individual. Perhaps you need to take your head out of your ass before you post next. There is a dedicated group of consumers who attempt to answer your questions FREE OF CHARGE. We inform you when you are misinformed and we call out those consumers who are just being jackasses. We also defend those people who are abused by the consumer because they may work where the consumer shops. We ARE attempting to educate and inform and change they way these companies do business by having informed customers.

You want PROOF of this from DISH. THEY do not NEED to provide anything OTHER then their demand to return THEIR property. YOU should have your original paperwork. If you ever had to have a box replaced then you would have been re-signed to whatever contract that they were using at the time. By requesting and using the new set top box, you agreed FULLY with the terms and conditions of the current contract in use. This is ALSO in YOUR original contract. If YOU cannot find YOUR copy, then TOO BAD!!! DISH STILL HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR PROPERTY. All you did was LEASE their equiptment. By NOT sending in the box, you risk them sending this to collections for the FULL PRICE that the box is worth CURRENTLY!!! You may have had it for years but they WILL charge you the full RETAIL VALUE of the device. So ask yourself a few questions. Is the shipping cost worth screwing with your credit? What are YOU going to do with the box?? Its completly useless for you.

No youre doing all this because you dont want to pay for the shipping and you think you are getting one over on them. But youre not. Its THEIR GAME, THEIR RULES, and THEIR BALL. You are just a player in THEIR GAME. By bucking the system, the only person or entity that will be harmed by your actions....IS YOU!!!

DISH could give a care less about YOU or YOUR issues. You are one tiny little insignificant speck in their eyes. You think youre going to screw them over and nothing could be further from the truth. And maybe you should apologize to Ken for being such a jacka**. He is just a consumer like you who was giving you the benifit of HIS knowledge, as am I. The giant corporations barely care if you want to find a website and spread your lies. To them you are nothing, but they will take EVEYTHING if they can. So dont give them the chance to screw up your life and any possible purchases or loans in the future. YOU dont win that way, THEY DO.

Can you read?

AUTHOR: Steve L - ()

Apparently you did not take the time to read my complaint Mr. Or Mrs. dish network rep on his/her lunch break.  I'm still wainting to see a contract that hold me to these terms.  Dish Network has failed to produce one.  Go back to your slave masters and tell them that.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

First of all, you have NOT read your contract with Dish...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You agreed to return their rented property at YOUR expense.  The contract also spells out the charges that will be made to you if you do NOT return THEIR property   It's specific to the particular receiver model.  You should take time to read your contract before you have another snit and fall in it.  BTW, they will charge whatever method of payment you used when you got the service.  If they can't collect what YOU owe them, you WILL go to collections.  You agreed to all this, remember

You won't win this one, they ARE following the terms of the contract and you are NOT. I have read MY contract and can tell you what I'm posting is totally accurate. I have had Dish service since its inception and found it to be a good company to deal with and NO, I don't work for them.

You may have another surprise coming when (and if) you return your receiver.  If you watched PPV movies and your receiver wasn't connected to the phone line, they will poll it and charge you for any PPV movies you watched.