Complaint Review: ED VOYLES HYUNDAI

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: Dakota — Marietta Georgia
ED VOYLES HYUNDAI
2135 Cobb Parkway Smyrna, Georgia USA

ED VOYLES HYUNDAI FRAUD, DECEPTIVE PRACTICES, BAIT AND SWITCH,MISREPRESENTATION!! Smyrna Georgia

*Author of original report: Received positive response

I purchased my vehicle at Ed Voyles and was already pre-approved with my blank check from Capitol One to use as my financing. In addition for my purchase, my salesman John Brewer told me for my purchase I would receive a $150.00 gift card, while I was waiting John had me complete a form, he told me it was needed to go into my file, little did I know at the time Ed Voyles took that form and ran my credit to numerous lenders as about a week later I received six different letters from various lenders in the mail all starting out with "Thank you for applying for financing through Ed Voyles"; keep in mind I already had my own financing and never gave them permission to run my credit!! Then the low APR I was already approved for through Capitol One Auto Financing somehow jumped from 10.44% all the way up to 21.82% with payments close to $400.00 a month for a 2007 Jetta! I called Capitol One and was told that the finance guy at Ed Voyles probably ripped up my blank check and instead financed through them at a higher interest rate thus making them more money! I never wanted nor intended to apply for any financing with any dealership and was going through Capitol One since my rate was much lower and I was already pre-approved, furthermore I was told I had to purchase GAP coverage and was told by Mike at Capitol One that is a blatant lie, and was also told to get the three year warranty of course at an additional charge which all of this together made my originally low car payment skyrocket!!! Mike at Capitol One also informed me that this has happened on numerous occasions at various dealerships with them where a person comes in with their blank check and is coerced and mislead into believing they are going through Capitol One when in fact the dealership ends up with the deal! This is total misrepresentation, and deceitful practices, and I am filing numerous complaints against Ed Voyles and I strongly advise anyone to stay far away from their dealership, and as of today I never received my so called $150.00 gift card for purchasing my Jetta there, and was told by John Brewer they were sending it out on numerous occasions;another lie!! Thanks Ed Voyles for absolutely nothing and proving how evil and deceitful dealerships are and this is the reason people hate to go there at all!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ED-VOYLES-HYUNDAI/Smyrna-Georgia-30080/ED-VOYLES-HYUNDAI-FRAUD-DECEPTIVE-PRACTICES-BAIT-AND-SWITCHMISREPRESENTATION-Smyrna-1079605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ED VOYLES HYUNDAI

Received positive response

AUTHOR: Dakota - ()

After my review, I was immediately contacted by Jeff Elliott , GM at Ed Voyles Hyundai, and met with him in person. Jeff was extremely polite and explained the entire financing issue I had and how it was handled. After his explanation, I understood how the financing took place based on Capitol One's guidelines, and was able to come to an agreement, and Jeff also cancelled my GAP coverage immedaiely and answered any additional concerns or questions I had. At this point I will recommend Ed Voyles Hyundai for your used or new car purchase and would purchase from them again in the future. In addition, Jeff presented me with a check to replace the gift card I never recieved, and apologized for any inconvience I encountered orginially.

flash