Complaint Review: Grand Canyon University

• Reported By: Sandy — Neponset Illinois
Grand Canyon University
3300 W Camelback Rd. Phoneix , Arizona USA

Grand Canyon University STOLE MY MONEY! LIARS & CHEATS! Phoneix Arizona

*Author of original report: Canned response

*UPDATE Employee: GCU Student Resolutions

I have been in college for 4 years (part time) and every year I have received my disbursement by now, this year Grand Canyon University is saying that there is no money left, they are lying! I have contacted FAFSA and they have told me the dollar amounts – and yes they ARE lying! They kept telling me that I would get my check mid to late August, now, like I said, they are saying that there is no stipend (and they didn’t tell me this until after it was too late to withdraw). I have been calling and emailing and no one is responding to me. I am a single mother who counts on this money until I finish my degree and can go back to work, and they know that!

After reading some of the many complaints on here about GCU I am now terrified that: I will never see that money, I will be forced to continue with them until this term is over, that they won’t release my transcripts, that my near perfect GPA will fall etc…  There seems to be many other complaints about students never receiving their stipends from GCU, and so much more. I want to withdraw immediately, but of course, they are saying that I cannot until I finish the entire term, that means more of my money they are going to STEAL!

They are supposed to be a “Christian” school and yet they literally take the food out of a child’s mouth (my daughter)!!!

DO NOT GO TO THIS “SCHOOL”!!! They are liars and cheats and they WILL steal your money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grand-Canyon-University-/Phoneix-Arizona-85017/Grand-Canyon-University-STOLE-MY-MONEY-LIARS-CHEATS-Phoneix-Arizona-1083653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grand Canyon University

Canned response

AUTHOR: Sandy3 - ()

It is almost an insult that you (GCU) constantly just copies and pastes this canned response! Give us some credit, will you? Oh and I have contacted resolution team.

GCU Student Resolutions

AUTHOR: GrandCanyonUniversity - ()

Sandy, We are very sorry you are unhappy with your experience.  Grand Canyon University (GCU) is committed to the success of its students and values the opportunity to resolve disputes. GCU’s resolution team provides options designed to address student issues, and is available to assist with your grievance. Please contact the resolutions office at resolutionteam@gcu.edu and we will start working on your issue immediately.