Complaint Review: Harbor Freight Tools

• Reported By: RipTorn — Kalispell Montana
Harbor Freight Tools
2230 N Reserve St #320 Missoula, Montana USA

Harbor Freight Tools SHADY BUSINESS AND POOR RETURN POLICY Missoula Montana

*Consumer Comment: You DO know that you can order by mail or online...

*Consumer Comment: Seriously?

I drove 250 miles to purchase a Plasma cutter from this store. I called ahead to make sure they had one in stock so my time wouldn't be wasted. When I got to the Missoula store, I went in and did my shopping and went to check out. At that point I was told the sales were CASH ONLY because their computers were broke down.

I asked if I could write a check for my purchase and they refused that also. So I had mad a 250 mile round trip and couldn't purchase what I wanted. They should have some kind of back up system in place for when the computers break down. This is rediculous and I feel I was screwed out of $60.00 worth of gas money and 6 hours of my time.

On another instance, I tried to return some cheesy wood clamps, 8 of them, that did not work to hold tight. I had my bank statement but had lost my reciept. They refused to return my money.

In my opinion Harbor Freight Tools is just an over grown roadside rip off from China like you would see where they steal you blind then pretend like they don't know you. I hope their policies puts them out of business. I will never purchase anything in this second rate fly by night store again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2013 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harbor-Freight-Tools/Missoula-Montana-59801/Harbor-Freight-Tools-SHADY-BUSINESS-AND-POOR-RETURN-POLICY-Missoula-Montana-1107182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harbor Freight Tools

You DO know that you can order by mail or online...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

don't you?  That could have saved you the trip for the plasma cutter.  Many, if not most, businesses are tightening up return policies to avoid fraud in any form.  The previous poster was likely dead on when he said you could have likely gotten cash from an ATM...I'll add you were probably busy having a fit and falling in it to use your head and do that.  Shop somewhere else if you don't like their policies.  I'll continue to do business with them.  NO Ripoff here.

Seriously?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Their computers were down, inconvienet yes..but far from a RipOff.  After all isn't it the idea of a store to sell items?  If they can't sell seems like they are only ripping off themselves.

As for you loosing $60 in gas and your time, have you ever heard of an ATM?  If you were willing to write a check that means that you had the money available in your account.  So you could have just as easily had them hold it, gone to probably a bank right down the street and withdraw enough money.   Yes again this would be inconvienient but that would sure be a heck of a lot better than loosing $60 in gas and your time wouldn't it?

As for your return.  Amazing how many time you spend 6 hours of your time and $60 in your gas to go to a store you say is a scam.   So let me ask you this, where on your statement does it say you bought clamps?  Let me guess..it just says you spent a certain amount of money but doesn't say what it was.  So how do they know that those clamps were purchased on that account?