reflects

• Submitted: Fri, May 25, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 21, 2008

• Reported By:none Tennessee
Humana Gold Plus
PO Box 33008 Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Humana Gold Plus Ripoff Said my Prescriptions were covered and then denied them Louisville Kentucky

*UPDATE Employee: Here's what's going on.

*Author of original report: Humana Gold Plus Tennessee

Sonny Culver came to my house to sell me a Humana Gold Plus Insurance. I asked if my Doctor was covered and he said, She is not listed, but there would not be a problem with getting her to sign up. I asked if my TWO prescriptions were covered and he looked them up and said yes.

When I had the first prescription filled I got a letter in about three days saying they had denied it because they felt it was not good for me. I called the insurance man and he said I have never had this happen. He said there was nothing he could do about it. I called the Humana Drug office to find out why and they didn't know. They told me to call my Doctor and get it taken care of. That was about a month ago and I still don't have an answer. Who died and left them in charge of my prescription.

So I thought you know I had better check and see what Mr. Culver did about my Doctor. So I made an appointment. When I got there and gave the girl my card she said OH we don't take this. I was furious. I saw the Doctor anyway and she explained why they didn't take that insurance. No problem, I got a new Doctor that is suppose to be covered. We will see if I get another letter.

Second prescription. I called Humana to make sure it was covered. I was told yes and I said are you sure. The girl said yes and went to check, came back and said no problem. So I had the prescription filled. This is not a cheap drug.Then I got a letter in the mail saying they have denied this prescription because they didn't have enough information. I'm sorry, but this is just a lying company and I hope no one else ever ever takes one of these policies. Talk about a Rip-Off, Humana is at the top of the list.

So what gives this company the right to deny what I need.
I have already been through other drugs and they didn't work or caused hives. So when your Doctor finds ones that work or help the insurance company should honor her/his request. The Doctor didn't go to school all those years for nothing. I don't see Humana going to school to be a doctor or a pharmacist

They lied
none, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2007 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Humana-Gold-Plus/Louisville-Kentucky-40232-3008/Humana-Gold-Plus-Ripoff-Said-my-Prescriptions-were-covered-and-then-denied-them-Louisville-250410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Humana Gold Plus

Here's what's going on.

AUTHOR: I Am The Law - (U.S.A.)

First of all, Humana's claims reviewers are medically trained. If they feel that a drug is bad for you, trust me, they have the expertise to say so. Those claims go through multiple levels of review, so it's basically several people against your doctor. Ever think that maybe your doctor is in the wrong? No, of course not. It's just easier to point your little finger and scream about how evil a company is without researching the situation.
Second of all, you can't blame Humana if a doctor doesn't want to contract with them. What do you want them to do? Maybe bring in some armed thugs into the doctor's office and threaten the doctor with violence if they don't sign up? You're talking about letting the doctor make some choices, but you neglected to realize that it's their choice to do business with whatever insurance carriers that they want.
Third of all, if your provider didn't send the required information to Humana to get the perscription filled, why are you wondering why they denied it? Why don't you pick up your little phone and call Humana and do a three-way call with one of their reps and the doctor? That would certainly take less time than bad-mouthing a reputable company on the internet, wouldn't it?

Humana Gold Plus Tennessee

AUTHOR: Marilynn - (U.S.A.)

I have finally been disenrolled from the Humana Gold Plus plan. Thank you Medicare for all your help. I hope no one ever signs up for Humana Gold Plus. All they do is lie to you.