- Report: #992224
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: iFix and Repair
iFix and Repair1700 W. New Haven Ave Internet United States of America
iFix and Repair Owner: John Santos Owner hides from customer complaints; their tech staff destroyed a perfectly working iPad. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
First, I brought my iPad to them to repair a defective digitizer and cracked screen. It worked perfectly otherwise. They looked it over and I signed an agreement for them to fix it, they said the would give me a call. The owner, John Santos, knows nothing about electronics and has turned the business over to his 20 something year old sons. Their chief tech guy probably learned iPad repair from YouTube, but that is just speculation based upon the outcome.
To make this easy to understand, here are the bullet points:
- Had my iPad for a collective three months
- the first time they said it was ready, I came in only to find out that Dominic, John's son, broke the "clip" to the screen cable and it would be another week before it was fixed.
- the first time they returned it to me, the 3G antennae was broken, the unit turned off for no explicable reason every five minutes, and specific applications no longer worked. [continued below]....
- I told them what I discovered. "Gosh, we did not have any problem with it. Try resetting it." I do not know how to reset it. Lucky I have a Master's degree software engineer that does. I asked them if they would like to reset the piece or should I. They said I should.
- Attempted to reset as instructed, my Master's degree software and electrical engineer, handled the process. The unit never completed the reset and is frozen forever in "off"
- I brought it back and they said they would have "Bob" from Viera iFix and Repair look at it because he is Apple certified. Never heard back from them.
- I finally called back three weeks later. John Santos, owner was know where to be found and his tech Timothy told me that if they gave his cell phone to me then they would be fired.
- SMALL CLAIMS COURT HERE WE COME!
- BTW, they still have my iPad and did not have the decency to call me. These people are trash.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iFix-and-Repair/internet/iFix-and-Repair-Owner-John-Santos-Owner-hides-from-customer-complaints-their-tech-staff-992224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.