Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Reported By: Carmin — Brandon Florida
Just Brakes
314 E. Brandon Blvd. Brandon , Florida USA

Just Brakes $99 Brake Job Turns into $500 Bill! Brandon Florida

On October 5, 2013, I visited the Just Brakes in Brandon, FL to have a routine brake job (pads replaced).  The service rep, James, asked how much I knew about brakes and I told him "Nothing."

James proceeded to show my son and I how the brake pads had worn unevenly and then told us that the calipers needed to be flushed and hardware replaced.  When I asked my son what he thought, James interrupted and advised, "Mam, to be done right you need to have all the work I explained to you done."

My 2008 Nissan Altima only has 61,388 miles on it and once I shared this incident with a very good male friend who maintains his own vehicle (including replacing brake pads), my friend was appalled that James told me that anything needed to be done to my calipers based on the mileage on my car.

The worst part is that the labor for all this bogus work is $275.95 and the cost of the parts - $174.33.  Shop supplies cost me $19.88. This is how a $99.88 brake job turned into a $507.00 totally unneccessary repair.

I will never enter that shop again and am making it my personal duty to inform everyone I know in the Brandon area about this unscrupulous business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2013 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Just-Brakes/Brandon-Florida-33511/Just-Brakes-99-Brake-Job-Turns-into-500-Bill-Brandon-Florida-1089872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Just Brakes