Complaint Review: National Access Long Distance

• Updated: Tue, October 06, 2009

• Reported By: Gerald — Joplin Missouri USA
National Access Long Distance
2033 Gateway Place 5th Floor San Jose, California United States of America

National Access Long Distance Telemarketer for National Access LD using deceptive practices to procure customers. San Jose, California

In early August of 2009, I was contacted by a telemarketer, explaining that "AT&T was discontinuing their contract with WorldCom because their rates were going to increase." And "National Access LD would be providing the same grade of service at a much lower rate."

My comment to the Rep was that "I wasn't aware that AT&T outsourced ANY of their long distance services, and that it was my understanding that AT&T was an exclusive service provider ." The Rep assured me that "AT&T DID outsource long distance services through other long distance carriers."

At that time I agreed to accept their offer to take advantage of lower rates.

Upon receiving my August and September AT&T bills, I was surprised at the considerable increase in long distance costs. I found charges on our bill submitted by USBI on behalf of National Access LD.

I immediately began my investigation by "Googling" "National Access LD", then "USBI". I was surprised at the number of search results returned by Google, expressing complaints of National Access LD being guilty of "Cramming", a technique used by telemarketers to procure customers, sometimes using deceptive practices, which was definitely our case! USBI also had complaints, and is a third party billing service for a number of other companies.

I immediately contacted AT&T and explained my dilemma. They routed me to the fraud department and took all information required to resolve the billing problem.

I then called the number shown on our bill for USBI, and received voice prompts stating I could inquire about charges on my bill. Upon selecting option 3 (?) I was directed to a National Access LD Representative, and instructed them to immediately terminate their services on our 5 business lines. I was provided a confirmation number for the terminations.

I am also contacting the FCC to file a complaint against National Access LD for cramming.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2009 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/National-Access-Long-Distance/San-Jose-California-95110-1060/National-Access-Long-Distance-Telemarketer-for-National-Access-LD-using-deceptive-practic-505415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on National Access Long Distance