Complaint Review: Stanley Home Warranty / Universal Administrators

• Updated: Fri, October 18, 2013

• Reported By: Kim D — Austin Texas
Stanley Home Warranty / Universal Administrators
560 Sylvan Ave Ste 3032 Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey USA

Stanley Home Warranty / Universal Administrators Unpaid claim / "It's the other company's problem" Englewood Cliffs New Jersey

I purchased a home warranty policy in April, 2013 and my washing machine broke down in June.  The claim was prorated to only 28% of what the washing machine cost.  I was told I'd have a check soon.  Following up with Stanley Home Warranty about 2 months later, I was told I'd have a check "soon".  Now, October, 2013, I'm still following up with no check in sight.  Today, I was told that my policy was a Universal Administrators policy and that Stanley Warranty wasn't responsible for Universal Admin claims.  On contacting Universal Administrators, I was told that UA did not have any record of my policy or claim and to contact Stanley Warranty.  The classic "that's their problem.  Call them.".

Stanley Warranty sued Universal Administrators (Kentucky Western District Court on May 23, 2013 -- 3:2013cv00513) for Breach of Contract.  That's probably gonna' take a while to litigate, so I'm not holding my breath.  Bottom line, I bought a UA policy through Stanley Warranty in April.  Stanley may / may not have forwarded the purchase and policy information to Universal Administrators.  Universal Administrators may / may not have paid Stanley Warranty their commission and fees to help UA policy holders file claims and get things fixed under their warranty policy.

I don't know which side is right.  All I know is that I haven't been paid and if I have another claim before this policy expires, I have NO idea what, if anything, I can do under a warranty policy that I bought, but neither company accepts responsiblity for.     That's several hundred dollars down the drain.  Bleeeeeech!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stanley-Home-Warranty-Universal-Administrators/Englewood-Cliffs-New-Jersey-07632/Stanley-Home-Warranty-Universal-Administrators-Unpaid-claim-Its-the-other-companys-1092857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stanley Home Warranty / Universal Administrators