Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Submitted: Thu, January 22, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009

• Reported By:Redford Michigan
Swift Transportation
2200 S 79th Avenue Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Swift, Swift Transportation services not rendered Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sad....but....

I writing to say I went to swift truck driving school in millington in 2007. I paid $150.00 to start and had to accept a loan of $3900.00. I receive bills regularly. I just received a letter stating that my CDL issued by Swift will be null and void in 30 days, if I don't retest both written and driven tests.

Swift did not according to federal laws follow federal rules and regulations. Therefore I feel that swift should not be allowed to collect money for something not rendered. I spent two months at their school and a year
working for them under false representation. I feel they should not be compensated on my loses.

Lois
Redford, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Phoenix-Arizona-85043/Swift-Swift-Transportation-services-not-rendered-Phoenix-Arizona-415024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sad....but....

AUTHOR: Rodney - (U.S.A.)

Lois, you among many others are going to have to retest because of this cdl mill in millington...hmmmm....mill-ington. The sad part is that the loan has no guarantee of getting or retaining a cdl. The loan was for training, if you were to call it training. I worked at the school in Kansas City which was shut down primarily because our students were tested by the state and we were unable to maintain a 90% graduation rate. The chiefs will say it was due to costs but put one and one together and of course it costs more to actually train someone to pass a state administered test rather than having one of your own test that student.

Part of my job was to go over the contract with the students. Again, the contract was for the training....whether you pass or fail. There were many students we sent home who could not pass the test, but still were obligated to pay the loan.

I feel for all that have to retest. I personally brought up the issues of 3rd party testing to my manager, who assured my that "they tested as stringent as any state examiner", and the national academies manager with the same result. I even confronted the executive VP of training and safety and whatever else she is vp of with basically the same results.

I hope the feds continue to crack down on this piss poor company and their training. I have seen first hand what it is all about and like many reports you can read here, they want warm bodies behind their wheels.

Good luck with your problems.