Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Submitted: Tue, August 30, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, August 30, 2011

• Reported By: TIRES PLUS ARE CRIMINALS — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Tires Plus
80 NW Spanish River Blvd Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Tires Plus CRIMINALS Boca Raton, Florida

I took my car in to Tires Plus on Spanish River Blvd 5/22/11 for a standard oil change and alignment. Nine days later, my oil warning light came on when I was driving down the highway. When I pulled over, oil was gushing out of the bottom of my car and covering the back trunk area. I had my car towed to another trusty mechanic, Fred Iabone, to see what the issue was. When the mechanic lifted my car, he pointed out to me writing on the oil filter reading "I HATE TIRES PLUS 5/22/11 -Shyne." Fred also pointed out the engine mounts were loosened to finger tight and the oil cap was missing.

His assumption was the mechanic at Tires Plus had left the cap on loose enough to fall off during travels. He also pointed out the the engine bolts could not be unscrewed accidentally, that they would have used a machine to loosen the bolts that much. My car has never required engine work and therefore the bolts did not require tampering with. [continued below]....
..... I filed a police report immediately with the Boca Raton Police Department. The mechanic at Tires Plus, Taryn Jamar Davis, admitted to writing on the car because he was having a "bad day" and admitted to perhaps not tightening the plug sufficiently.

He did not admit to tampering with the engine mount bolts. Contacted Tires Plus regarding incident in which they claim they are not responsible for any damage to the vehicle. After two independent mechanic reports, it was recommended my engine be replaced due to damage. Therefore, I have purchased a used engine for my 2006 Honda Civic amounting to $4082. Extra expenditures so far have included rental car fees, missed day of work, interest on my credit cards, and estimate costs. In the process of filing a lawsuit against Tires Plus for damages.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2011 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Tires-Plus-CRIMINALS-Boca-Raton-Florida-771051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus