Complaint Review: 1880 Western Wear

• Reported By: Lohengrin — Los Angeles California United States of America
  • 1880 Western Wear

Internet
    United States of America

1880 Western Wear Western by Design Awful experience ordering from 1880 Western Wear, Internet

I ordered a jacket via phone in Dec 2011 and was assured that it would be completed within 2 months.  It was not completed when I deployed to Afghanistan in February 2012 and I emailed the merchant several times while deployed to inquire about the jacket but my emails were not answered.  I initiated weekly phone contact with salesperson/owner/ringleader/whatever, Gwen Hansen, upon my arrival home in August 2012 and was assured each time we spoke that the jacket was very near completion.

In November 2012 she told me that she would completely refund my purchase amount and complete the jacket free of charge.  Finally, about 1 year, 3 weeks after my order I received a package in the mail with a jacket that bore no resemblance to what I had ordered and was in the wrong size.  I am still trying to resolve and have contacted my credit card company and opened a dispute.  Best thing I can say about this experience so far is that I am still trusting enough at times to do the same naive things I would have done 20-30 years ago

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1880-western-wear/internet/1880-western-wear-western-by-design-awful-experience-ordering-from-1880-western-wear-inte-1013108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content