Complaint Review: 1st Security Preparation

• 1st Security Preparation
    250 W 40th St 2nd Floor, New York, New York
    Internet
    United States of America

1st Security Preparation Fake promise for job; Money upfront; No refund; Overpriced; Dirty Internet

*Author of original report: 1st Security Preparation and Placement

I came across this security school on Craigslist and submitted my resume. I received a call which scheduled me to come in for a meeting with a representative, which required me to also bring $90 up front. At the meeting I was then told of the additional fees for the 8hr and 16hr courses. The bill was a total of $230 plus a $60 fee if I did not pay up front.

The classrooms were very congested and seats were foldable steel chairs. The instructors were not very professional and the rooms were very dirty and unorganized.

On the ad, it promised that we would start as soon as out training was finished, however, upon completion of the necessary certifications I learned that we would not get jobs, but rather would be sent to a security company at which we had to apply for a job. I was promised a career, not a job, however I received neither. Instead, they told us we would have to schedule interviews.

I understand that this is a training school and I did receive my certificates. But I do not appreciate the falso hope that their ads have provided. I only paid because I thought at the end I was promised employment, but instead I spent almost $300 and still have no job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/1st-security-preparation/internet/1st-security-preparation-fake-promise-for-job-money-upfront-no-refund-overpriced-dirt-1042327. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

1st Security Preparation and Placement

AUTHOR: SiddS - ()

I apologize, the registration fee was $30 not $60 if I did not pay up front.

$80 for 8hr Pre-licensing Course $150 for 16hr On-The-Job Training $30 Registration Fee ----Total= $230 (excluding transportation)