Report: #617511

Complaint Review:

  • Submitted: Fri, June 25, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, June 25, 2010
  • Reported By: april — mocksville North Carolina United States of America
    110 west ninth street
    Internet, Delaware
    United States of America took fees out overdrafted my account to -200 dollars and never deposited any money Internet, Delaware *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account that someone wrongfully takes it from you!

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

at the beginning of this year, i applied for a advance cash loan, cause i had a little money crisis.  i did what they asked of me and they told me that 200 or 300 would be deposited in my account less $19 fee.

i thought that everything was cool until i noticed that the were hitting my account regularly and had not deposited anything in my account.  i tried to call and couldn't get a human on the phone.  left emails to contact me but no one ever did.

my account got into the negative status of almost $200.  my bank that i had been affiliated with for over 5 years dropped me as a client.  i didnt know what to do.

Yesterday i received a call from a company named acs legal department (from california) stating that a criminal case was being downloaded against me.  i said i haven't heard of such a thing.  who took out charges and what are my charges.

he proceeds to tell me that all i needed to be concerned about was that charges would be downloaded against me and that i needed to retain a lawyer.  imagine my astonishment and let alone being appalled by the whole situation.

i will not tell a lie (like our first president), i proceeded to throw f-bombs at him frequently.  i wanted to know what in the world he was talking about and what were my charges and who brought them against me.

he says (all this time in broken english) that he knew how to handle people like me and then proceeded to hang up.  i tried to call several times and they added my number to the go straight to voicemail list.

well today i called a local attorney and my home town police dept.  they sent an officer to file a report because they had never heard of such nonsense.  while the officer was taking my report acs called again.  when i answered and told him that the officer wanted to talk to him he hangs up rather quickly.

he calls and leaves a voicemail stating that the phones got disconnected.  i blocked my number and called back.  i got a different person that slips up and tells me the name of the company.

i look them up on the internet and got routed to this site.  DONT FALL FOR THEIR SCAM!  i am in the process to recoup the money owed to my bank and will be filing a class action suit for defamation of character, pain and suffering and harassment.

thought i would share my traumatic story cause i dont want anyone to go through the hell i have went through in the past 24 hours.  i am currently umemployed and already stressed enough as it is.  i dont need a scammers help to stress me more.  GOD BLESS!

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder Author of

Rip-off Report PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2010 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.