Complaint Review: Access America - Accessamerica.com - Cheaptickets.com - Cheap Tickets

• Submitted: Fri, March 12, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2010
  • Reported By: Scotte68 — Maricopa Arizona USA
  • Access America - Accessamerica.com - Cheaptickets.com - Cheap Tickets
    2805 North Parham Road
    Richmond, Arizona
    United States of America

Access America - Accessamerica.com - Cheaptickets.com - Cheap Tickets Allianz Group, I purchased Travel Insurance on Cheaptickets but never received the policy Richmond, Arizona

*Author of original report: Thank you for responding

*UPDATE Employee: Cheaptickets Request

Allianz Group owns Mondial USA which provides Travel insurance through Access America and CheapTickets dot com.

My Issue:
I did elect to purchase the Travel Insurance but I never received the Insurance Policy number.  Access America charged my account $15.67.    I believe this is a ripoff because I did not receive the product I purchased.

Details:
On Mar 1st, 2010 I purchased a plane ticket with insurance via Cheap Tickets.  The website receipt advised that I would receive the policy number via eMail, but I never did.

I called Access America twice and spoke with two separate representatives.  Each time we searched for my policy number by name, address and credit card number with no luck.  Each representative told me that they could not help and I should dispute the charge with my bank.  Of course, my bank says I have to call Access America.   The last Access America representative suggested I eMail Sales Support and I did on Mar 9 2010.   Tonya D responded and said she would take care of the matter and to check back in 48 hours.    I am not filing this report on Mar 12 2010.

Conclusion:
Be very careful about purchasing travel insurance via Cheap Tickets and Access America.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2010 10:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/access-america-accessamericacom-cheapticketscom-cheap-tickets/richmond-arizona-23294/access-america-accessamericacom-cheapticketscom-cheap-tickets-allianz-group-i-pur-580439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Scotte68 - (USA)

Thank you for responding.  There is no need to pursue this matter further.  I contacted my bank and disputed the charge. The charge was reversed and I am satisfied.

Note to anyone considering "Travel Insurance" with Access America - Please consider that choice carfefully.

After numerous eMails my policy number was finally delivered, but now Access America will not cancel the policy despite my request.   I am continuing to be ignored.    I am utterly amazed at how poorly the company listened to my issue and my requests.   My reasoning for cancelling the policy is "Lack of Trust".  If Access America cannot handle a simple request to find my policy number, then what kind of service would I get if actually had to file a claim.

Cheaptickets Request

AUTHOR: Cheaptickets - (USA)

Hi,

I am with CheapTickets Customer Relations.  I might be able to help.  Please provide me with your CheapTickets record locator.