Complaint Review: Advanced Wellness Research, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, May 20, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Reported By: Granville Tennessee
  • Advanced Wellness Research, Inc.
    www.whiteningnow.com
    Miami, Florida

I encountered this Company through their online advertising which showcased a, supposedly, local resident in my area. The resident may exist but I can't find her.

I ordered a free, just pay shipping, trial of the "extra strength" peroxide whitening compound. It arrived in a 10ml syringe - which is supposed to be enough for the 14 day trial.

I used the product for 10 days on my upper teeth until the syringe was empty. I used it twice a day for a few days at the start. I had no improvement in color that I could see but my gums became so sore it was painful to brush my teeth. In use there was an aftertaste of ammonia that, a couple of times, almost made me vomit.

Since I saw no improvement, I called the toll free number to cancel my order.
Once I explained why I wanted to cancel, the lady, apparently East Indian, seemed more interested in getting me to extend the free trial and spent close to 10 minutes trying to entice me with "special deals", even cutting the monthly charge from around $80.00 down to $40.00. She only finally relented her spiel when I got angry and threatened to go to my Credit Card company and the BBB.

I alerted my Credit Card Co. about these people so that, if any more charges are put on my card, they know the situation and I have lodged a protest in advance.
After reading the other complaints on here I agree that there is something fishey about this Company.

John
Granville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/advanced-wellness-research-inc/miami-florida-33139/advanced-wellness-research-teeth-whitening-scam-miami-florida-453825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Cathy Lives In Florida To!!!!

AUTHOR: Sunshine - (U.S.A.)

I also am the victim of The Cathy's Teeth scam. I was told on the site that Cathy Anderson lives in Inverness, Fl. I have been in contact with the Florida Attorney General. There is an open case with Advanced Wellness Resaerch. You can file a complaint even if you live in another state. In your search bar type in florida attorney general. Once on the site look on the left hand side for consumer protection. Then click on-line complaint. Fill out the form, hit submit. If you have any questions or want to check out the info I gave you, please call the Florida Attorney General's Office @ 866-966-7226.

Hoope this helps.

Advanced Wellness Research, Co.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Just went to recheck some info on their Website and discovered that the supposed local resident who swears by this product, also resides in
Santa Cruz CA. I live in TN. When I first went to their site, I did it directly through Yahoo. Something showed their computer my location and they taylored their web page to suit. This time I accessed their site From a link on Fox News and found the same lady, Cathy Anderson, residing in CA. Unless there are 2 Cathy Andersons plugging for them. This Co. is a total Scam!