Complaint Review: Air Quality Control Agency
Air Quality Control Agency SWAT ENVIRONMENTAL/ACCREDITIED RADON TECHNICIANS TOTALLY DECEPTIVE RADON MITIGATION SCAMMERS STAY AWAY Internet, Michigan
*Author of original report: Complaint Resolved by Company
This company did not provide the radon mitigation services and the warranties they promise in their proposal and contract.
This company operates under different names in different states. A sure sign of a scam. They do not honor their warranties and contracts, their workers are unprofessional and they only care to make money. Stay away.
1. Accredited Radon Technicians/Air Quality Control Agency/SWAT Environmental Company did not adhere to its adhere to its implied and actual warranty agreement to permanently keep the radon level in my home below 3.9.
2. Accredited Radon Technicians/Air Quality Control Agency/SWAT Environmental Company did not send the individual who proposed the work to do the work.
3. Accredited Radon Technicians/Air Quality Control Agency/SWAT Environmental Company did not complete all the work outlined in the proposal.
4. Accredited Radon Technicians/Air Quality Control Agency/SWAT Environmental Company did not install the appropriate system for the home.
5. Accredited Radon Technicians/Air Quality Control Agency/SWAT Environmental Company continuously tries to get me to do more work at additional charges instead of honoring its warranty to fix the problems it proposed to remedy.
6. Accredited Radon Technicians/Air Quality Control Agency/SWAT Environmental Company refuses to adhere to its contract and refund my money.
My experience with this company is as follows:
1. On or about March 31, 2011 I received a proposal from Jeffrey Finken, certified Radon Technician from Accredited Radon Technicians to install a sub-slab system in my home (document attached).
The proposal contains the statement, you will see from my proposed system and warranty that we go the extra mile to PERMANENTLY bring your radon level to as close to ZERO as mechanically achievable.
2. On April 1, 2011 a person came to my home to install the system. The person was not Jeffrey Finken. I have never met, seen or spoken with Jeffrey Finken. The person installed a single suction point mitigation system in the living space of the lower level of my home. He said it was too complicated to install a system in the crawlspace. He also said the crawlspace did not require treatment even though the proposal states that the crawlspace will be treated with a polyethelene barrier.
3. At the time of installation, I was given a contract issued by a company called Air Quality Control Agency (document attached). This company had an address located in Lansing, Michigan. This contract promised:
Defects in workmanship related to the installation of the radon mitigation system will be repaired by Air Quality Control at no cost to the homeowner. This is a LIFETIME guarantee.
4. Prior to the installation I conducted a long-term radon test of my basement office. The result of the long term test was 13.2 on 3/17/2011.
Post mitigation I conducted a test on 4/15/11 which read 5.5 and a second test on 5/9/11 which read 3.5. I believed my radon problem was remedied.
5. March 2, 2013 I conducted another follow up test in my basement office to ensure the mitigation system was working. I also tested in my living room on the second floor and my bedroom on the third floor. Radon
tests showed 9.9 in basement, 12 in the living room and 8.3 in the bedroom. I immediately called the Accredited Radon technicians and spoke with James. James offered to send a technician out for $149 plus additional charges to repair the system. I had to remind him of the warranty before he agreed to send someone out without the service charge.
6. On March 13th , 2013 a representative from SWAT environmental named Mike #139 came to evaluate the system. He said the system was not installed correctly as there should always be 2 suction points. He said adding a second suction point would be an additional charge for me. He also said I needed a higher speed fan whichwould cost $195. I opted to purchase the higher speed fan.
I said I would pay for the fan once the testing showed a reduction in radon level. Mike said he did not have
any testing kits on his truck but promised to send me 3 of them (one for each level of my home) as soon
as he got back to the office.
7. On March 19th, 20th, and 21st I received 3 separate bills with different prices for the fan from SWAT environmental. The last bill had graphics from the 3 credit bureaus attached to them suggesting that they were going to send my name to collections if I did not pay up right away. Note that I still had not received any testing kits from the company to verify that the system was working.
8. On March 21st I called SWAT to request 3
testing kits. The person on the phone said they would only send 1. When I
explained that Mike had promised 3 because I have radon on every floor, he said
he would send 2 kits. I agreed. A single testing kit arrived on March 29th.
9. On April 8th I called another phone number
(517-908-3269) on one of the bills in Lansing Michigan and spoke with Ashley
about my testing kits. She said I had to pay my bill or I would be charged a
service visit, but that she would also send me another testing kit. I paid the
bill for fear of risking my credit rating. The testing kit never arrived.
10. On March 30th 2013 I tested 2 rooms in my
home (1 with a testing kit I personally paid for). The post-mitigation test completed on April 4
(after I purchased the hi speed fan) show a 9.9 reading in my basement office
and a 8.5 reading in my second floor living room. The hi-speed fan did not
alter the radon levels.
11. On April 19 2013 I called SWAT Environmental and spoke with James to inform him of the
fact that the hi speed fan did not work. I expressed to him that I have no
confidence in his company and would like a refund of my money as promised in
the contact I signed. He stated that he
could not do that but that he could remedy my radon problem by treating the
crawlspace with a polyethylene barrier. I stated that the original proposal
includes crawlspace treatment with a polyethylene barrier but that this was
never completed. I said that I would agree to crawlspace treatment but that
since it was already included in my original purchase price and not completed
SWAT would have to come and complete the crawlspace treatment at no charge. He
refused saying that there is always a charge for crawlspace treatment.
When it was clear that I was not getting anywhere, I again
stated that I wanted my money back. He refused to acknowledge that the refund
clause is even in the contract.
Given that I have made several unsuccessful efforts to a
resolution of my complaints with this company, I am appealing to the PA
Attorney Generals office to help me resolve the issue.
It has been 2 years since my radon mitigation system was
installed. Radon is a serious issue that involves the health of individuals and
their families. Companies like this that exist just to profit off peoples
fears and carry on a dishonest business should not be allowed to remain in
business. They should be shut down immediately.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/air-quality-control-agency/internet-michigan-/air-quality-control-agency-swat-environmentalaccreditied-radon-technicians-totally-decept-1044840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: