Complaint Review: America Online

Reston, Virginia
  • Phone: 703-265-4670
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

(AOL) America Online billed my credit card $25.90 the first day I enrolled in the free trial Reston Virginia

*Consumer Comment: AOL sucks

I downloaded aol free trial and when I opened the free trial account, was told to enter my credit card information and that I am not to worry, my credit card will not be billed untill the free trial is over. Lies! that same day my card was billed $25.90 for a service I did not request.

When I called customer service, I could not get through because of the loopholes they created with their automated answering service. You could be on the phone the whole day and never be routed to a human being to reply to your requests or concerns.

I used the live online help and no help there either. These croocks have set up an empire on fraud to make as much money and not pay it back when they are at fault.

Friends AOL IS NOT FREE and you'll be better off with other sites than dealing with these thieves. A lousy lousy service. Don't ever give them your credit information, you'll be sorry.

AOL have being losing money for years and this is the way they hope to make it : Steal Steal and Steal. Beware of these crooocks.

All their frauds are intentional and it is very hard to ssolve any issue with them, because you're dealing with thieves and croocks.

Abderr
Blackwood, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2007 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-online/reston-virginia-20191/aol-america-online-billed-my-credit-card-2590-the-first-day-i-enrolled-in-the-free-tr-235256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AOL sucks

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

AOL is a company losing market share and they know it. When you begin a downward spiral then you take money anywhere you can get it and that is what they do. The fact that they said "not to worry" should have been a giant red flag. A credit card number in their hands is a reason to steal, and just try to talk to them. They set up those barriers so they do not have to deal with you and just wait and see what they will do when you try to cancel. This is sooo bad it made national news.