Complaint Review: America Servicing Company

• Reported By: Raleigh North Carolina
  • America Servicing Company
    7495 New Horizon Way
    Frederick, Maryland

I sold my house in November and the property tax was paid via escrow. The mortgage was paid in full. The weird thing is ASC took my deposit money for insurance and property tax and paid it instead of refund it to me. Why would they paid for insurance if they knew I sold my house and paid it in full.

After a month, I got a letter mentioned where all my money went. I have to cancel insurance and call county tax collector's office to retrieve my money. Unfortunately, the tax collector only refunded the money to the payee which in this case is ASC.

I talked to an ASC rep. regarding my case but she told me my account already paid in full and it is inactive for three months. I am currently asking the tax collector for prove they refunded the money. Unfortunately, ASC used Land America to pay property taxes and the refunded check was worth over $1million for thousands of accounts (included mine). How to get my overpaid property tax before it is lost into they pocket?

Korry
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2005 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-servicing-company/frederick-maryland-21703/america-servicing-company-ripped-off-my-refund-property-tax-ripoff-frederick-maryland-133125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

CC Everything To The Insurance Carrier AND County Treasurer

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

I have never had this problem but I would be sure that the insurance company and the county treasurer where the taxes were paid understand what this company is doing. I agree that the FTC and AG should be notified immediately.

Wells Fargo dba America's Servicing Company...

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

I suggest you file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and your state Office of the Attorney General.

Please read the other complaints on this site, perhaps you can find some useful information that you can use until you can get away from ASC.

Good Luck!