Complaint Review: AOL AMERICA ONLINE

• Reported By: CARROLLTON Georgia
  • AOL AMERICA ONLINE
    WWW.AOL.COM
    Nationwide

AOL AMERICA ONLINE Don't send billing statements but will turn over to collection agency ripoff Sterling Virginia

I cancelled my AOL free trial late. Representative agreed that since there was not usage with the service, he would waive charges. OK, Good. I received a letter confirming cancellation. In the letter it states billing statements will show charges and to please review billing statement.

I never received any billing statement from AOL. 7 months later, I get a call from collection agency saying I owe over $100 to AOL! I immediately called AOL and they said they do not send out billing statements. HUH? I am confused. Review the billing statements they don't send out.

I am currently disputing this with AOL but it is impossible to get a hold of a human being! Does the Fair Billing Act cover not actually sending bills?

Tracey
CARROLLTON, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2007 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol-america-online/nationwide/aol-america-online-dont-send-billing-statements-but-will-turn-over-to-collection-agency-r-252292. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content