Complaint Review: AOL

• Reported By: retroprof13 — Modesto California USA
  • AOL

Nationwide
    USA

AOL billed my debit card for three years after I cancelled AOL dialup. No permission to do so. No assistance. Dulles Virginia

*Consumer Comment: For THREE YEARS??? You Have A Serious Problem Here!

AOL continued to deduct over $40 per month from my checking account for three years after I cancelled their dialup service. I cannot get a refund, an AOL rep tells me, because she can't "see" any records pror to six months ago. She says my only option is to write or fax company headquarters.

I did not sign up for the so-called service AOL clalims to have provided. I was told that AOL is not responsible for unused service.

This is fraud.

I repeat: I did not sign up for such service. AOL has taken information provided almost 20 years ago for dialup service which was later cancelled.

Time for the Attorney General to get involved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2016 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aol/nationwide/aol-billed-my-debit-card-for-three-years-after-i-cancelled-aol-dialup-no-permission-to-d-1318527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

For THREE YEARS??? You Have A Serious Problem Here!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Let me see if I understand this...you had AOL dial-up service which you decided to cancel.  This cancellation by you was THREE YEARS AGO.  The price of said service, as per your statements here, was greater than $40 per month.  At that rate, the amount deducted from YOUR checking account would be OVER $1,400!!!  My question to you is since this involves YOUR MONEY in YOUR CHECKING account, why did this go on for THREE YEARS?  Let me guess...YOU don't keep a check register with an on-going running balance; YOU never balance your checking account with bank statement figures which YOU DON'T READ!  Anything can be happening to your checking account because you don't do any of those COMMON SENSE items in managing your own finances!  Anybody with half a brain would have been aware of this deduction the FIRST MONTH it happened.  There is NO POSSIBILITY from the bank's perspective the bank will reverse the debits because of YOUR lack of management of your own account!  There are time limitations under law for that!  You may be able to go back 60 days.  It will only be out of the "goodness of AOL's heart" they will refund you, provided you can prove cancellation.

Absolutely incredible times 36!