Complaint Review: Asset Acceptance, LLC

• Asset Acceptance, LLC
    P.O. Box 2036
    Warren, Michigan
    United States of America

Asset Acceptance, LLC Trying to collect on a debt that is past the staute of limitations Warren, Michigan

This is an old Target account from the year 200-2001.  I thought I paid it off, since I got no more monthly bills from Target.

I an a half years later I get Asset Acceptance, LLC stating I owe Target money and they bought the account and are trying to collect the money.

They would call before 8 am and after 9 pm.  They would tell me that I woed them a certain amount of money and they would get it any way they could, they would threaten me telling me they would sue me, take my wages, yell at me.

On March the 1st of 2011, they call my parents telling me I still owe them money, then I get in the mail a letter stating I owe them $183.98.

They are out of Michigan the statue of Limitations on collecting a on a debt is 6 years.  I am in Pennsylvania and the staute of limitations on collecting a debt is 4 years.

They are trying to collect on a debt that is more than 10 years old.

This debt is not on my credit report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2011 02:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/asset-acceptance-llc/warren-michigan-48090/asset-acceptance-llc-trying-to-collect-on-a-debt-that-is-past-the-staute-of-limitations-703562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content