Complaint Review: Asus

• Submitted: Sat, October 27, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012
  • Reported By: LucidDreamer — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
  • Asus

Internet
    United States of America

Asus ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Asus is untrustworthy, unreliable and defective...STAY AWAY!!! Internet

On November 4th, 2011 I purchased an Asus U46E-Bal6 Notebook from BestBuy for $830 dollars and (at that price) I expected the PC to be fully functional and in working order, however I was in for a rude awaking! After purchase, I followed the prompts for creating a "Recovery Disc," which was suppose to have ALL FACTORY DATA (including OS, drivers and utilities) by using Asus' AI Recovery Software. I did so several times just to be on the safe-side...for one of those "just-in-case" scenarios. Well, recently I have had ones of those "just-in-case" scenarios that required to re-install all my factory data and imagine my surprise when the Operating System (Window 7 Home Premium) WAS NOT ON ANY OF THE DISCS! Yes, the drivers and utilities where there and fully functional, however the Operating System WAS NOT! I checked and re-checked the Asus software and it stated it included all factory data, WHICH IS A STRAIGHT OUT LIE! I contacted Asus about this and they said I would have to repay for the Operating System that I already paid for to get my PC up and running again. [continued below]....
.......seriously!? Does this sound fair? It's just another way for them to unjustly squeeze more money out of their consumers. Now I will tell everyone how Asus is trying to double-charge for something that was NOT my fault! This company clearly does not care for their customers and their software is faulty and misleading...STAY AWAY!!!

***Below: I have included pictures of the "Recovery Discs" data created using Asus' AI Recovery Software, which clearly DOES NOT INCLUDE THE OPERATING SYSTEM (Windows 7 Home Premium).***

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2012 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/asus/internet/asus-asustek-computer-inc-asus-is-untrustworthy-unreliable-and-defectivestay-away-961032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content