Complaint Review: ATT Uverse

• Submitted: Tue, February 15, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012
  • Reported By: George — Southfield Michigan U.S.A.
  • ATT Uverse

Southfield, Michigan
    United States of America

Att uverse or Uverse TV is part of the services offered by ATT for TV, internet and/or Home phone. That have an ad on their website and flyers which states: U-verse TV...Our best deals are online...DVR included...$29/mo for 6 months. However if you take the regular $29 package the DVR service doen't work. It is $15.00/month extra. The add is misleading. The assumption is that you get a basic DVR with service. All you get is a service where the tuner of the DVR is used. I asked several people and all of them stated that the ad assumes that the buyer is getting a usable DVR.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2011 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att-uverse/southfield-michigan-/att-uverse-u-verse-tv-misleading-advertisement-southfield-michigan-695684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Current Ad

AUTHOR: George - (USA)

First, you are looking at the current ad. Note that U100 does no longer exist. Also, I contacted ATT right after installation and I was bounced back an forth between departments. Also, they were continually contacted for the first 5 months. The web ad was totally changed, as I said U100 is no longer shown and the site was cleared up. Back in 2001, I had ATT and internet for about the same price as I have now and they did nothing to fix my problem. Both ATT and Comcast are crooks (Check Rip-Off Report). I received an increase with no notifcation also. My complex is negotiating with a new service as I am not in the right location for satellite. A friend changed to satellite at much lower price with a DVR.

There is no more u100

AUTHOR: Shurkahn - (U.S.A.)

There is no more u100 plan and if you did sign up before it was discontinued it does state in order details the charge for DVR so it proves you did not read everything. That is why most customers call in, They did not read everything either before ordering or at the confirmation page. Seems funny it states amount due and you can not see it is a higher price and not question why? I love it when you people call sales to complain about YOU not reading the details or wondering why price is different and saying I want a discount or  come get your equipment. I then explain to you that your service will be turned off within the next 24 hours and how to return your equipment and end call.

ATT uverse

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

At the time of the sign on, the convoluted website led me to sign on for the U100 and not the Family Plan. I spent the next 6 months trying to get this rectified and no one would help. Now there was an increase in my bill and the bill included $6.88 in miscellaneous charges (What miscellaneous charges). That is illegal and am looking into lawyers. Unfortunately Comcast is  no better. They have the area to themselves and commit fraud all the time.

clearly stated

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

If you go to the website the ad is listed on the front page. If you click "details" to get the details on the ad it clearly states under the heading "29$ TV for 6 months": U100 TV plan does not include DVR. A DVR may be added to U100 at an additional 15$.

Not a rip off, its clearly stated if you actually read the offer details. When I signed up for service it was clearly explained to me about the DVR service when I asked.