Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Reported By: Anthony — 20874 Maryland
  • Best Buy

Minneapolis, Minnesota
    USA

Best Buy A refrigerator lasted under a month and they refused to replace due to 15 day return policy. Minneapolis Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: SOP

I recently made an online puchase on 5/31/2013 and it was delivered 6/5/2013. It was purchased to use in the basement. I recently went to get something from it and it was not even cold. I tried 4 different times to call Best Buy and finally got through after about a ten minute wait. Prior to that I did the online chat and the person disconnected me after one sentence. I will be going to the Best Buy store and asking for some answers! Customer service is the worst! I only had this item since June 5, 2013 and it is bad already. Customer Service told us that their return policy is good for 15 days only! The representative stated that "NO ONE HAS A RETURN POLICY MORE THAN 15 DAYS NOT EVEN WALMART"I will never purchase anything from Best Buy again. We have bought cell phones, IPODs, 4 computers, movies, LCD LED TV's, CD's and more from this company. We even have their reward credit card but no more! All because of the sorry customer service and return policies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/best-buy/minneapolis-minnesota-55440/best-buy-a-refrigerator-lasted-under-a-month-and-they-refused-to-replace-due-to-15-day-re-1063696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

SOP

AUTHOR: IntheKnow - ()

In the appliance industry, it is SOP for a tech to check out your unit regardless of time from purchase.  If it is unrepairable (not likely), then it would be replaced.   It's under mfr warranty for one year and the mfr does the service, not BBY.