Complaint Review: Budget Car Rental

• Budget Car Rental
    10482 NATURAL BRIDGE ROAD
    St. Louis, Missouri

Budget Car Rental Upselling without knowledge or consent St. Louis Missouri

My rental agreement emailed to me by Budget indicated that I would be renting a Ford Fusion "or similar" for $284.12. When I arrived to pick up my car the counterperson told me that my car is a Saturn Vue. I assumed that a Saturn Vue is similar to a Ford Fusion.

When I returned home I noted that the receipt in my pocket was for $388.58, about $100 over the confirmed rate. I called Budget and they said that I was upgraded. I told Budget that I was not offered and did not or would not have accepted an upgrade. The contact person at Budget said that he must go by the written contract, so I was not offered the difference. The contact person did say, however, that he would mail me some "certificates" but not even for one half the amount of the difference.

Ron
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2009 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/budget-car-rental/st-louis-missouri-63134/budget-car-rental-upselling-without-knowledge-or-consent-st-louis-missouri-474884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content