Complaint Review: Car Acquire

• Reported By: Cheryl — San Antonio Texas United States of America
  • Car Acquire

Colorado Springs, Colorado
    United States of America

Car Acquire Stole, Lied and lied again, frauds somehow connected to WAL-MART?! on website Colorado Springs, Colorado

Car Acquire contacted me because they scan through CraigsList ads for private sellers of personal vehicles. The Car Acquire rep. said "Chevys always sell, especially the kind you have" and "you can verify us by going to the Wal-Mart website, and our link is there" I checked and it was and since I trust Wal-Mart so much as a solid company, I went ahead with the plan the Rep presented to me.

He said I needed to pay $500, take photos of my vehicle and send it to them and they would list my vehicle and if it did not sell in 90 days, I could submit my form for a refund of $375 (or close to that)

They told me I would get a refund because my vehcile (had lots of potential buyers) but in the end it did not sell. '

I sent in my notarized form and called to verify it was received and they said it was and I would get a refund on August 17 or 24th. well, those dates came and went.

I called them yelling, demanding a Manager. The man was rude and condesending and hung up on me and just before that he said "Are you finished!"

He said I would get my refund but it is out of his hands because it is in another department and he has "no control over it"!

Cheryl T

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/car-acquire/colorado-springs-colorado-/car-acquire-stole-lied-and-lied-again-frauds-somehow-connected-to-wal-mart-on-website-991365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content