Complaint Review: charter fitness

• Reported By: gym guy mc5 — frankfort Illinois
  • charter fitness

tinley park, Illinois
    USA

charter fitness Abc billing rip off impossible to cancel given run around when try to cancel tinley park Illinois

I previously belonged to cardinal fitness....this gym was purchased by charter fitness...which is apparently really a firm named ABC billing.   Which makes sense...because all they are really interested in is billing you and hassling you forever when you try to cancel your membership.

They close and relocate locations all the time. It's their way of trying to get people to quit, and when they quit...They keep getting bills and late charges added...

I call up and tell them I am canceling..They say the only way to quit is by writing a letter informing them.... ha..ridiculous...you can see that this is a b.s. company if that is there policy... well...I wrote the letter...then they still bill me and send late charges and cancel charge...and keep adding up another monthly fee because they say that I am not off I c.f. rally cancelled...

What a scam.

I never joined charter fitness..I joined cardinal fitness...because it was month to month billing...easy to leave..no commitment..

Now these sons of beetches are still hassling me because I tried to quit...

What can you expect from a place that has no customer service dept to call... no website t o leave comments.... They know exactly what they are doing...it is their business model.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/charter-fitness/tinley-park-illinois/charter-fitness-abc-billing-rip-off-impossible-to-cancel-given-run-around-when-try-to-can-1166963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content