Complaint Review: Clayton Homes

• Clayton Homes

Internet
    United States of America

Clayton Homes American Dream or Living Nightmare....You Decide, Internet

Our experience with Clayton Homes in Jacksboro, TN is not one I would wish on anyone. There are so many problems that it would take a long book and a week in court to explain so I will just site a couple of examples. Brenda and Steve Russell sat in their office and told my husband and I that we could have copies of where our 74,000 was spent. Six years later we have yet to see what our money was spent on. Yo know when you go to Walmart you get a receipt of what each item cost; not with Clayton Homes....... you are in the dark as to where your money goes so be forewarned and learn form my bad experience. Thank God my husband have already paid off half of the loan in 6 years even though the interest rate is outrageous, another lie they told.

We have had many structural problems but I will only tell the one about the roof. Four years into the loan we had water running down our living room wall one day as we were ready to leave for church. Thank God we saw it. We called Billy Loud with Home First (the extended warranty insurance) and he started making the usual excuses. He sent a worker out and the worker tired to lie and say it was hail damage. Our State Farm insurance adjuster came out and said it was manufacture defect so State Farm did not cover it. Billy Loud got "loud" with may husband and told him "we will not be replacing your roof" my husband said "I think you will".

We got a licensed contractor to come out and he said it was a manufacturer defect. Two strikes against Clayton of Norris TN. Of course Loud tried to buy us off with $400 and a lot of intimidation but my husband didn't back down. Finally Home First sent a guy out from Alabama and he said "this is a manufacture, it looks like a bunch of drunks put this roof on". So what Billy Loud tried cover for $400 actually cost Home First $4000. :) My advice is make sure you get the extended warranty cause you're probably going to need it.  SHAME ON CLAYTON HOMES FOR LYING AND BUILDING JUNK!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clayton-homes/internet/clayton-homes-american-dream-or-living-nightmareyou-decide-internet-1015847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content