Complaint Review: CLEAR Internet Service

• CLEAR Internet Service
    DEPT. CH 14365
    Palatine, Illinois
    United States of America

CLEAR Internet Service Untruthful, Unethical Business practices and ethics Palatine, Illinois

I got Clear service back in the Spring. When I got my account, I got a bundled package that included the mobile device and the device for your home.  The mobile device never worked. I contacted a customer service representative and we spent over 2 hrs over the phone going over things that I had done and the device did not work. At the time, she told me that in order to make sure it was not working that I had to take it to an authorized rep store. The location she gave me was 40 minutes from my house. I came in, the store representative told me that they always have problems with the device. He checked it and said it was faulty. He did the claim. I called clear when I left the store. I was on hold for over a hour. When the representative came to the line. I told him that I wanted to cancel the service. He proceeded to tell me that we could check the service again. I told him that I was insulted and now we were going into the 4th hour with no resolution.  I would be happy to go with AT&T or Verizon wireless. He indicated that he could send me new equipment and wanted to charge me. I told him absolutely not when the product was faulty. After another hour, he indicated that it would be free and that he would send it express because I had a presentation to do and couldn't needed the mobile device.

Fast forward, I received the new equipment and it still does not work (the mobile device unit). I called to cancel and they indicated that my contract wasn't up until Sept. 2013 and that I would receive a penalty if I cancelled. I told them that I had not extended my contract and when I indicated that I would do a complaint, he indicated that he was unsure of when my was up (caught in a lie).  Someone needs to come in and fine them for their business practices. I am going to follow up with other agencies and complain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/clear-internet-service/palatine-illinois-60055-4365/clear-internet-service-untruthful-unethical-business-practices-and-ethics-palatine-illi-985150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content