Complaint Review: Coco Cleaners

• Coco Cleaners
    3731 W. Chester Pike
    Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
    USA

Coco Cleaners Unprofessionalism, dishonesty, an unwillingness to take responsibility for their damage Newtown Square Pennsylvania

I have been going to Coco Cleaners for at least 10 years. I took my favorite white DKNY blazer to get cleaned for the summer, pointing out 2 stains that needed spot treatment. I got my blazer back with 2 gaping holes, larger than the size of quarters. Firstly, when I picked up my order, Coco Cleaners failed to mention the damage they had caused. Secondly, when I went back for an explanation and compensation, they accused me of bringing it in with the holes. When I started arguing with them as the holes were clearly a result of a chemical burn, the story changed to the holes being a result of the spot treatment. I was then told to come back in 4 days as the woman at the front counter, Kim, said she needed to speak to the manager . When I asked for the name of the manager, she said she was the manager. Not wanting to agitate the situation further, I reluctantly agreed. When I returned for my jacket 4 days later, Kim pulled out my jacket and said that it was "repaired. [continued below]....

....." The "repair" was a disassembly of the blazer's waist pleats to cut out the damaged material and poor re-assembly; the stitching holes and the ironing marks were still clearly visible. I told Kim that this was unacceptable and demanded monetary compensation so I could buy a new blazer. She had me talk to her sister on the phone, which escalated into a yelling match, and I was told "no money back." I tried to reason with Kim but ultimately, with great reluctance and more fighting, I got 1/3 of the value of the blazer back AND I was called a "bad customer." Unprofessionalism, dishonesty, and an unwillingness to take responsibility for their damage. I will never return again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2014 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/coco-cleaners/newtown-square-pennsylvania-19073/coco-cleaners-unprofessionalism-dishonesty-an-unwillingness-to-take-responsibility-for-1154952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content