Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent A Car

Houston, Texas
    United States of America

Enterprise Rent A Car Fraudulent Damage Claims Houston, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Enterprise Rent A Car

On March 23 - 26, I rented a car out of Galveston, Tx that had previous damage.  It was all noted in the contract during our walk around.  The car was given to me with the fuel light on so my fuel was waived.

I returned the car to Houston Intercontinental to an agent, who completed the rental by giving me my receipt from my credit card.  About 3 days later I get a call from Enterprise saying I have damage on the vehicle and what happened.

So I told them it was previous damage.  I had to fax them a copy of the contract, since they didn't take their copy. I followup with them to find out the status, they tell me that everything is OK and case is closed since it's clearly not my fault.

Two weeks later I get a call from Enterprise Damage Recovery Unit.  They ask to get my address because they don't have any information about me.  I tell them my whole story again and tell them it was all previous damage.  I tell them whom I spoke to and that he told me everything was fine and had a copy of the contract.  They will investigate she says. I told them to look up previous vehicle history.

I called again a week after to get an update.  They are still investigating. I won't let them scam me into paying for damage I didn't do and it's listed in the contract.  I don't see how they can do this.  I will have to report these guys to the BBB and the Texas State Attorney General.

This is the last time I rent from Enterprise.  This headache, time and effort wasted to fight this, isn't worth the few dollars saved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/enterprise-rent-a-car/houston-texas-/enterprise-rent-a-car-fraudulent-damage-claims-houston-texas-1045953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

hansolo00, weve taken note of your concern. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you. Please send us a detailed to care[at]enterprise.com. Be sure to include your contact information, rental agreement/ DX or damage claim number and the address of the rental location.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130425-001234 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,