Complaint Review: Everest University

5421 Diplomat Circle
    Orlando, Florida
    United States of America

Everest University $20,000 American Dream Scam Orlando, Florida

I have an associates in accounting from Everest. I'm unable to land an entry level accounting job because of lack of experience. (Keep in mind, I am applying for accounting assistant positions).  I contacted a representative at the Career Services department. She said there were no accounting internships  or jobs available, but that I could email her my resume to put on file. The negative tone of her voice only confirmed that sending a resume would just be waste of time.  She also recommended that I try the job search site "Indeed". This is what constitutes as "job placement assistance" at Everest University.

When I attended between 2007-2009, there were no accounting internships and the job fairs featured employers who had nothing to do with my major. Fortunately, back then, I already had a decent paying customer service job. Last month, however, I was laid off and my degree has proven to be worthless. Despite having a 4.0 GPA at Everest, UCF has denied my application. Now, I have to attend one of the local community colleges, so  that I can directly transfer to a reputable college to get my bachelors and hopefully get a middle class job. Everest was a $20,000 mistake that I will spend the next ten years trying to fix. Please dont make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2011 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/everest-university/orlando-florida-/everest-university-20000-american-dream-scam-orlando-florida-779605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content