Complaint Review: Fifth Third Bank

Nationwide
    USA

Fifth Third Bank Balance Transfer Offer Expiration Date Scam Nationwide

*Author of original report: Fifth Third Bank Response

Fifth Third Bank offered me a balance transfer offer that included a "special" 3% balance transfer fee  (many credit card companies offer 0% balance transfer fees) and 0%, 12 month APR. I was given checks to use to take advantage of the balance transfer offer. The checks expired May 25, 2017. I issued a check to another creditor to resolve a balance before the check expiration date. Fifth Third Bank claims the check was processed by the other creditor after May 25, 2017.

They did not offer me the balance transfer offer and ultimately charged me their standard 4% balance transfer fee ($180) and standard 19% interest charges on the balance transferred to my account, resulting in $257.99 in interest. I have a credit score of over 750 and could've paid off my entire balance at a slight inconvenience. I wouldn't have taken their offer if the marketing was clear and I knew they would make every attempt to postpone the processing of their balance transfer offer check.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2017 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fifth-third-bank/nationwide/fifth-third-bank-balance-transfer-offer-expiration-date-scam-nationwide-1386530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Fifth Third Bank Response

AUTHOR: - ()

After writing this review, Fifth Third Bank contacted me and apologized for refusing to honor the balance transfer offer I received. I was refunded the difference between the special balance transfer fee and the fee I was charged and I was also refunded a partial amount for the interest I was charged and a late fee I incurred.