• Report: #472208
Complaint Review:


  • Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

  • Reported By:Watertown Massachusetts
fingerhut.com Internet U.S.A.

Fingerhut: Customer Care Is Questionable. Return Policies Scream RipOff My mother sent for a bed, and got only pieces of the frame...Nothing else. they wanted her to pay half the price of the junk to send it back. Which we refuse... Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

My mother sent and paid for a bed, and got only pieces of the frame...Nothing else.

They had dropped it off (physically). When it was time to pick it back up, they wanted her to pay half the price of the junk to send it back. Which we refused and still refuse to pay. That was in Beginning 2008 mind you.

They did not call until more recently,some with 7am automated prompt calls.

I believe they are falling a little short of consideration, respect, manners and good service with this one. It makes me wonder if others have gone through the same jam with the company. This issue could have been resolved in a minute, but they've decided they wanted to send my 70 year old mother's account to collection for something they fell to resolve when it could have been, and for something which they are 95% responsible. Our (my mother the account holder and myself, the go-between) responsibility, the other 5% was to call and ask that they aid in fixing the issue and exchanging or returning the product; all within the 15 days of purchase.

What is mind-boggling is that they claim that we were supposed to return it. Why? And pay some $100 for shipping? Almost the price of this damaged good, when they could easily send the same delivery person over to get it back. Does not make sense at all!

So the junk is still resting in the corner of my mother's living room, unattended and now because she is behind her payment, reasonably enough; she is paying for a service and product she never got to use or exchange.

My goal is to put this issue in perspective by posting it here, and to reason if possible with the company as to finding a better solution than waiting a petty court day. The worst case scenario would be that my mother's credit would have to go to collection before someone reasonable asks as to put in for a dispute resolution....etc...You get the picture.

It is an example of a funk, no one should be in. Especially in those hard economic times.

Thanks to rip off i can vent on here, and hope to warn other consumers, as well as (and or) find some pragmatic (or/and) legal solutions to this.

Watertown, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fingerhut/internet/fingerhut-customer-care-is-questionable-return-policies-scream-ripoff-my-mother-sent-for-472208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?