Complaint Review: First Data Global Leasing

• Reported By: Old Greenwich Connecticut
  • First Data Global Leasing
    Po Box 173845
    Denver, Colorado

First Data Global Leasing Falsly claims we signed a lease for credit card processing equipment Denver Colorado

I never signed a lease with First Data Global Leasing. I returned the credit card processing machine when I changed banking accounts.

I signed an agreement with Merchant Lynx to process our credit cards. I signed a contract with them with no lease attached. Nowhere does it mention a lease from First Data or anyone.

I was not given truthful information by Merchant Lynx. I was informed that I must use their machine , but could return it with no penalty if I wished to cancel their service.

I canceled Merchant Lynx service on January 30th 2009. They gave me the address to which I could mail the card processing machine, which I did with delivery confirmation. They told me there would be no termination fee. This is confirmed in writing by the Merchant Lynx sales rep. (Eric Makris). This can be confirmed by looking at Eric Makris's notation on the Addendum to Merchant Agreement.

In conclusion, I was never told anything about First Data in general, or a lease in particular.

It is our company's policy to never lease equipment.

Richard
Old Greenwich, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-data-global-leasing/denver-colorado-80217/first-data-global-leasing-falsly-claims-we-signed-a-lease-for-credit-card-processing-equip-465179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content