Complaint Review: Freelancer.com

• Reported By: Jason — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania USA
  • Freelancer.com

Internet
    USA

Freelancer.com FREELANCER INTERNATIONAL PTY LTDMATT BARRIE Ripoff of deposit, company seems to be in need of $12.00 really bad Internet

Used freelancer.com in the past without any problems. However recently I used the site to hire for a few jobs and found myself with bidders that were using google search to complete the jobs I paid them for. After getting tired of that I asked freelancer.com to refund the $12.00 balance in my deposit account to which they refused citing they don't give refunds for under $30. If you don't give refunds for under $30 you should make that clear to people making deposits to begin with. Nobody is reading the terms and conditions on a website for something that seems pretty cut and dry. Since freelancer.com is not a bank or a financial institution they are not legally able to "hold" funds or deposits and must refund them upon demand to which my demand they refused.

I also filed a dispute with PayPal for whom also declined to help. I will be elevating my concern to PayPals (billmelater) for which the transaction was paid. I do not understand why freelancer.com is soo serious about keeping $12.00 and in the process never getting any of my business again. Are they going out of business? Is $12.00 all they have left?

Beware if your going to use this website; they will take your money and you'll never see any un-used portions.

Now they are telling me they need me to send them photo identifcation of who I am to talk to me. They never asked for any photo identification when they were taking my money. What do they want the identification for to steal my identity? I repeat again they aren't a bank or a financial institution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2015 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/freelancercom/internet/freelancercom-freelancer-international-pty-ltdmatt-barrie-ripoff-of-deposit-company-see-1265608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content